Green lighting refers to the scientific lighting design, the use of high efficiency, long life, safety and stable performance of lighting electrical products (electric light source, electrical accessories for lamps, lamps, wiring equipment, as well as dimming controller and light control devices), to improve the working, learning and living conditions and quality of people. So as to create an efficient, comfortable, safe, economical, beneficial environment and fully reflect the modern civilization of lighting.
In January 1991, the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) first put forward the concept of “Green Lights” and “Green Lights Program”, which was soon supported by the United Nations and paid attention to by many developed and developing countries. And actively adopt the corresponding policy and technical measures to promote the implementation and development of green lighting project. In November 1993, the State Economic and Trade Commission of China started the China Green Lighting Project, which was officially included in the national plan in 1996.
1. Protect the environment, including reducing pollutant emissions during the life cycle of lighting appliances and controlling light pollution by using clean light sources, natural light sources and green materials
2. Energy saving, take the compact fluorescent lamp replacing the incandescent lamp as an example, can save more than 70% of electricity, efficient electric light source can make cooling lamps and lanterns emit heat energy consumption significantly reduced
3. Good for health, provide enough comfortable, pleasant, safe high quality lighting environment
4. Increase productivity, which is more valuable than saving money on electricity
5. We will create a culture of light that embodies modern civilization
1. No mercury: mercury toxic, pollution of the environment after endless trouble
2. Energy saving: Lighting saves electricity operation, and the production process of light sources and lamps is conducive to energy saving
3. Material saving: The light source and its accessories should save the consumption of ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals, rare metals and non-metallic materials
4. Environmentally friendly manufacturing process: pollution-free and green production process, including the use of non-toxic, solvent-free resins and sealing materials Material, advocate the use of water-soluble resin
5. No harmful rays: the light source has no ultraviolet component, etc
6. Green waste: waste can be recycled after failure, no environmental pollution